Displaying bar titles to the left in ClusteredBarChart?

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Edited Nov 10, 2014 at 9:19 AM
I have a ClusteredBarChart:
<chart:ClusteredBarChart ChartTitle="{Binding AreaChartTitle}" 
    ChartSubTitle="{Binding AreaChartSubTitle}" 
    SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedArea, Mode=TwoWay}" Grid.Column="3" Grid.RowSpan="10">
    <chart:ClusteredBarChart.Series>
        <chart:ChartSeries SeriesTitle="Areas" DisplayMember="Key"
            ValueMember="Count" ItemsSource="{Binding Areas}"/>
    </chart:ClusteredBarChart.Series>
</chart:ClusteredBarChart>

private ObservableCollection<AreaData> Areas { get; set; }

public class AreaData
{
    public string Key { get; set; }
    public int Count { get; set; }
}
I would like to display Key to the left of each of the bars... but I'm unable to do so. The only time I'm able to do it is when I switch rows and column, but then Legend gets messed up and color palette becomes monotone.
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Never mind, I was able to figure out. I went into source code and under De.TorstenMandelkow.Metro.Chart.WPF, I opened up the Generic.xaml. Then, I simply added a textblock within ColumnPiece and BarPiece that has a binding to Caption. I then offset the textblock down for the columns and left for the bars. Took a bit figuring out, but it's not too bad. Documentation obviously needs a lot of work, but the project seems to have been dead for a while.... I wish there was a scatter chart. I might have to create one, but my skills are not nearly as up there as this project manager's.
Marked as answer by bkboggy on 11/16/2014 at 5:21 PM
Nov 13, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I am in need of a scatter chart and line chart as well. If you do create one, please post an update. Maybe at some point, I will have time to dissect the code and work on one.
Aug 23, 2015 at 3:34 AM
ChrisKerens - I have started a new project with Torsten's approval that includes all his charts plus the addition of scatter / line charts. It also includes negative value support on the column chart. WPF Metro UI Charts