Change RadialGaugeChart Size

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:02 AM
When I adjust the height and width, the size of the viewing container containing the charts is changed cutting off the charts. Is there a way to reduce the size of Radial Gauge Charts themselves?
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:34 PM
First things first.

This library is AWESOME !

second. I'd like to know how to resize the RadialGaugeChart as well.

@tjm6f4 did you find a solution already?
Jan 12, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Ok, I found that the width/height are actually hard-coded within the "RadialGaugeChartPlotterAreaStyle" style.

I tried to make them dynamic with a binding, but that results in measure exceptions. I suppose the developer ran into this too.

The solution is to supply your own style (copy the whole "RadialGaugeChartPlotterAreaStyle" style to a local resource and set it there).

What I did was copy the whole Generic.xaml over to my project and edit styles from there.
Marked as answer by tjm6f4 on 1/26/2014 at 2:46 PM
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Thanks for looking into that @remcoros and sorry for the delayed response.

Maybe the developer will see this thread and take some time to implement this. I wanted to be able to utilize this for a project utilizing a different UI style than the Windows 8 tile stuff, but things need to be smaller to look correctly for what I'm doing.
Nov 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Hi,

How do I use a new RadialGaugeChartPlotterAreaStyle as a local resource? I have the following code from another thread which looks as though it should work:
<Style x:Key="RadialGaugeChartChartAreaStyle" TargetType="chart:ChartArea">
        <Setter Property="Template">
            <Setter.Value>
                <ControlTemplate TargetType="chart:ChartArea">
                    <Grid>
                        <Viewbox Height="Auto" Width="Auto">
                            <ContentControl Content="{TemplateBinding Content}" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch" />
                        </Viewbox>
                    </Grid>
                </ControlTemplate>
            </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
    </Style>
How can I implement this into my project? Do I need to alter the source code?

Many Thanks