Tooltip for a ChartItem?

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Is it possible to change the tooltip for a chart item on mouse over. I want to have something else besides the tooltip just repeating what the chart legend says...
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Yes, you can influence the tooltip.

There is a property "ToolTipFormat". The value can be like shown below:
<chart:PieChart        
        ToolTipFormat="{0} in Category {2} has Value {1}"
        >
</chart:PieChart>
You need to try out which values are interesting for you. Currently the following 6 values can be used, in the following order:
  • Caption
  • Value
  • SeriesCaption
  • PercentageFromMaxDataPointGroupSum
  • PercentageFromMaxDataPointValue
  • PercentageFromSumOfDataPointGroup
If you are missing a value in this list please let me know.

Hope it helps.

Torsten
May 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM
First off thank you so much for releasing this OS Torsten - it's awesome !

But also for others out there coming across this post, you need to escape the curly braces to get this to work i.e
<chart:PieChart        
        ToolTipFormat="{}{0} in Category {2} has Value {1}"
        >
</chart:PieChart>
Notice those open and closing curly braces at the beginning there i.e. ToolTipFormat="{}..."

Hope that helps someone else. Thanks.

Ben
May 20, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Edited May 21, 2015 at 9:45 AM
First, thanks a lot for a wonferful library of charting controls. I have a little annoying problem about this ToolTipFormat property. I cant seem to find it!!! What am I missing here. I have looked everywhere but it just does not exist! Chart:PieChart has a ToolTip property (like every framework element) which is object and outputs the same string without any information on the bound values. same is the case for Chart:PieChart.Series... Please I would be grateful for any help.
If it matters I just downloaded the nuget package for .NET WPF.

EDIT 1: Also, I would like to mention that by default the pie pieces are showing "number" as tooltip and I cant seem to override that at all even if I set the tooltip property in xaml or in code.

Waqas