How to reduce size of the Piechart control?

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Hello, First thanks for such a nice charts. It really helps for my app.

Coming to my issue, i am having a requirement when I need to display chart for the selected item in grid view. So I need to display in small size. I tried setting Height and Width to minimum (Say 200,200). What i am seeing is the control is not rendering based on Height and Width. It is getting truncated.
Is there any way to render chart based on random Height nad Width? or Do I need to use any default Height and Width?

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hi,

the pie chart has a parameter "PieMinimalSize" which defines the minimal size of the piechart.
Set this value to "200.0" and the chart should be smaller. Search in the sample of the project for "PieMinimalSize" to see how to change it.

Torsten
Jul 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Thank You.

That Helped.

Also just one more question, How can i change the colours combinations in Pie chart?
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM
To change the color palette follow the documentation: http://modernuicharts.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Custom%20Color%20Palette

Or check the sample applications in this project. It should be easy.

Torsten
Jul 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Hello, I am facing "FaultExecutionEngine" exception when I am using chart in UserControl. here is what i did
  1. I am uing chart in a DataTemplate and loading this datatemplate for each selected Item of a grid view. GridView is in User control. i am loading thi suser control on Mainpage.
  2. When I navigate to different page and come back to MianPage Iam facing this error.
    For reference here is souruce code. (https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A24BECFFD74E0BC4!108&authkey=!ABS_yzTK8Atx1lI)
Steps to reproduce issue:
  1. Run the App.
  2. In "MonthlySummary" you should see piechart for each month.
  3. click on "View" button for any month.
  4. You will navigate to a another page.
    5, Now click back, you should see the crash.
FYI- now comment out pie chart code in "MonthlySummaryPage.xaml" and run the app with above steps. Crah will not happen.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,